Pioneer DJ has unveiled a new all-in-one DJ systems, the XDJ-RR.
Less expensive than the flagship XDJ-RX models, the new unit inherits all the basic features from the club-standard NXS2 set-up and it’s perfect for all those aspiring DJs who “want to make the transition from playing at home to performing at parties, bars and eventually clubs.”
Lightweight, portable and compatible with rekordbox dj, the XDJ-RR features a 7-inch full-colour screen that displays track information, performance controls for features such as Hot Cues, Slip Loop and Beat Jump, fewer Beat FX, Color FX and Performance Pads, dual USB ports and direct USB recording. A license key for rekordbox dj worth €139 is also included.
The XDJ-RR will be available from early September at an SRP of €1149 including VAT. A special high-quality bag designed to help protect your XDJ-RR, the DJC-RR BAG, arrives in October for €119.
Watch the introduction video and read all the key features of the new all-in-one DJ system below!
KEY FEATURES OF THE XDJ-RR
1. Layout and features from club-standard NXS2 set-up
The XDJ-RR inherits its layout design and many of its performance controls, features and FX from our flagship CDJ-2000NXS2 professional multi player and DJM-900NXS2 professional mixer set-up. You can play rekordbox-analysed tracks directly from USB storage drives or connect your PC/Mac to the XDJ-RR and use rekordbox dj – our professional performance application. You also have the option to use Link Export mode.
2. Dual USB-A ports and single USB-B port
Connect your PC/Mac to the USB-B port at the rear of the XDJ-RR and plug USB drives into the dual USB-A ports on the top of the system to ensure seamless handovers between DJs.
3. 7-inch full-colour screen
Browse and select tracks quickly and intuitively via the 7-inch full-colour screen, using the GUI design and large rotary selector from the CDJ-2000NXS2 multi player. Get a quick visual reference of track information such as playback position, BPM and waveforms for more accurate mixing and scratching.
4. Performance controls
Enhance your sets using dedicated controls for performance features:
• Hot Cues – mark various points in your tracks and instantly play from them by hitting the Hot Cue pads. Create live remixes by triggering Hot Cues in unique sequences.
• Beat Loop – loop a section of a track and the XDJ-RR automatically sets the loop-out point based on the BPM. You can chop up loops on the fly for even more creative performances.
• Slip Loop – switch on Slip Loop and tracks keep playing silently in the background when you’re scratching or using other performance features. Then, when you’re ready to drop the track back in, it plays from exactly the right place.
• Beat Jump – easily change the way a track develops by jumping backwards or forwards by the number of beats you choose.
5. Mixer section with professional FX
Perform smooth, precise mixes using the EQs and channel faders, which feature curves equal to those on the DJM-900NXS2 professional club mixer. You can spice up your sets with FX also inherited from the flagship mixer:
Beat FX – change the sound in sync with the beat:
Sound Color FX – add texture and tension by simply turning the knob:
• Dub Echo
6. Lightweight and portable
Take the XDJ-RR wherever you want to practise or perform thanks to its portable design. It’s compact and weighs just 5.2 kg – almost 4 kg (43%) less than the XDJ-RX2 – making it perfect for carrying to your next house party or gig.
• All-in-one design enables simple and speedy set-up
Connect the XDJ-RR to a power source and your speakers or sound system and you’re ready to perform. There’s no need for cables between the player and mixer sections.
• External audio input
Play music from external sources or mobile devices thanks to the AUX input.
• Link Export mode for rekordbox
Connect your laptop directly to the XDJ-RR with a single USB cable and play the tracks in your rekordbox library without exporting them to a USB drive.
• Includes rekordbox dj licence key
Activate the rekordbox dj licence key (worth €139) bundled with the XDJ-RR to use our professional performance application. And, if you add the DDJ-XP1 DJ sub controller to your set-up (available separately), you can unleash even more of rekordbox dj’s features – for example, by using the 32 Performance Pads to trigger extra FX – and bring more creative flair to your performances.
Head here for more info!
The XDJ-RR follows the DDJ-400 controller, the “ideal piece of kit for first-time DJs” which was launched in June. Read more here!