Pioneer DJ has launched the DDJ-400 controller.
Described as the “ideal piece of kit for first-time DJs“, the two-channel controller is compatible with the new Tutorial feature for rekordbox dj, which teaches beginner DJs the basics of equipment operation step-by-step.
Lightweight and portable, the DDJ-400 has a club-style layout and comes bundled with a license for the software (worth €139), so you can plug it into your PC or Mac straight out of the box and start mixing. If you already own rekordbox dj, upgrade to the latest version – the ver 5.3, released today – to use the controller.
Also featured are the dedicated play/pause and cue buttons, Beat FX, CDJ-style looping controls, three band EQ, USB port, LCD screens on top of each jog and more.
The DDJ-400 will be available from late June at an SRP of €279 including VAT.
Watch the introductory video below and or find out more about the controller here!
KEY FEATURES OF THE DDJ-400
1. Club-style layout
The buttons and knobs on the DDJ-400 are arranged in the same way as those on our club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 set-up.
· Player sections
Get familiar with jog wheels, play/pause and cue buttons, tempo sliders, a loop section and cue/loop call buttons just like the ones on the CDJ-2000NXS2.
· Mixer section
Use the trim and EQ knobs, and the headphone cue buttons, in exactly the same way as those on the DJM-900NXS2.
2. Other features
· Built-in sound card (audio interface) – plug and play by simply connecting the controller to your PC/Mac using a single USB cable.
· Mic input circuit – clear audio without distortion, even with high input level.
· USB bus powered – no need to plug into the mains.
· Grab handles on both sides – easy to carry.
· Class compliant – no need to install a driver.
KEY FEATURES OF REKORDBOX VER 5.3
1. Tutorial feature – learn how to DJ
Follow the instructions of the Tutorial on your PC/Mac’s screen. Even if you’re a complete beginner, you can learn how to DJ. The Tutorial feature is also compatible with the DDJ-RB as of 26th June 2018.
2. Track Suggestion – displays tracks that match well with the one currently playing*
This feature ranks every track in your rekordbox library according to how well it matches with the one you’re currently playing, helping you choose tracks that will fit well in your set. The track displayed at the top of the track list is the most relevant one to play next. Quickly scroll through your music, making maximum use of your collection.
There are three sorting modes:
· Era: tracks with a close year of release.
· Mood: tracks with a similar mood.
· Association: tracks sharing traits such as artist, label, etc.
* To use this feature effectively, build up track information in your rekordbox library.
3. Easy sharing of mixes to social media with track titles and time stamps
Use rekordbox to record your sets and share them with the world via social media channels such as Mixcloud, YouTube and KUVO. When you upload your mix, all track titles and time stamps are automatically added by rekordbox, so listeners can check each track title while enjoying your set.