The SE-02 is the debut product of the new Roland Boutique Designer Series and a collaborative effort from Roland and Studio Electronics (Studio Electronics is another leader in analog synthesizer design since 1988).
Instead of using analogue circuits, the new SE-02 uses actual real circuits to create a synthesizer with a distinctly vintage sound and vast programming options.
It includes also a powerful 16-step sequencer to add motion and dimension to your sounds. It can sync to external tempo via MIDI, USB, or trigger input, and per-step gate time, adjustable glide, tempo, and patch number are stored with each sequence.
The sequencer can store up to 128 patterns and 16 songs, each of which can have 16 parts.
Watch the trailer describing the collaboration.
- Discrete analog circuitry with knob-per-function interface
- Three voltage controlled oscillators with six waveforms
- Temperature-stabilized oscillators with automatic tuning
- 24 dB low-pass filter and dual gain-stage amplifier
- Three types of cross modulation (XMOD), feedback loop, and noise generator
- Tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms
- Tempo-syncing digital delay with bypass to maintain analog signal path
- Save and recall sounds with 384 preset and 128 user locations
- Musical and intuitive pattern sequencer with song mode
- Sequence notes, gate time, glide, and synth parameters
- CV, VCF CV and gate inputs, plus trigger in/out
- External Input for routing audio through the SE-02’s filter section
- Standard MIDI, USB-MIDI, and USB-Audio
- Create a polyphonic synth by using Chain Mode to connect two or more SE-02s together via MIDI
Find out more here.